? Marking Targets - Thirteen Inches Inc.
IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marking Targets
Sprite
post Oct 2 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #1

12 Inches

Group: Guild Member
Member No.: 207

Is there an add in that remembers how you mark targets and will mark the next group of the same mobs? Also, anyone know of an add in where I can set health bars for marked targets? I know there is /focus but I was hoping for something that shows more than one mob.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mugatuu
post Oct 2 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #2

Forum Nazi

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 9
Armory: Mugatuu
Armory: Mughax
Armory: Nerull

set health bars for marked targets?

You mean something like Mob Health? That lets you know approximately how much HP a mob has once you've killed one? Not sure I follow you there.

Otherwise, I don't know of one for marking. I normally just get lazy and mark the first kill/CC targets.

--------------------
Formerly the "Bandwidth Pimp"

+Quote Post
Sapha
post Oct 2 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #3

Pet Monkey

Member No.: 267
Armory: Sapha
Armory: Kappar

You mean something like Mob Health? That lets you know approximately how much HP a mob has once you've killed one? Not sure I follow you there.

She wants a list of marked targets we're fighting and what their health is at Mug. Like Proximo does in arena.

I don't know of any such addon, sorry.

Pretty sure automating marking targets would be unpossible. Yes, not just impossible, UNpossible. They specifically took out the ability to automate targeting with macros in the 2.0 patch.

--------------------

Rule #37: There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

+Quote Post
Sprite
post Oct 2 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #4

12 Inches

What Sapha said... I am soooo used to staring at health bars in party/raids that I am finding it difficult to adjust fighting up close. In a party situation I have always played Sprite, I watch the health bars and glance at what is happening in the fight. For tanking, I am having difficult reversing that smile.gif I was hoping for health bars for the mobs, so that I can more easily find what I should be holding agro on...just something to kinda help me transition. I don't really have a problem when it is just 2 mobs to keep track of, but when there is 4 I find it a little more difficult sad.gif Maybe it is just something that will come with time. Hopefully you all will put up with me while I am learning!

+Quote Post
Sapha
post Oct 2 2007, 10:33 PM
Post #5

Pet Monkey

Turn on health panels. It shows bars above all the mob's heads. Default is V or shift V or something. If you're tanking all the mobs will be right next to you, so their health panels will be clustered around you.

Maybe this is a bit obvious and you've already tried that, but it just seems like it might help you adjust. Also it should help you train your eyes to stay ON the action. You kinda have to be watching the mobs when you're tanking so you can see if one just ran off to eat the healer or that dumb DPS who just unloaded before you had aggro *cough*, and attempt to pull it off.

--------------------

Rule #37: There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

+Quote Post
Ikthand
post Oct 3 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #6

Burrito

Member No.: 255

You may also try the Ace addon Aloft. It allows you to add additional bars/info above mobs replacing the typical 'v'/'shift v' functionality and resize them as you like. I find it helpful in pvp personally.

+Quote Post
Sapha
post Oct 3 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Pet Monkey

QUOTE (Ikthand @ Oct 3 2007, 12:27 PM) *
You may also try the Ace addon Aloft. It allows you to add additional bars/info above mobs replacing the typical 'v'/'shift v' functionality and resize them as you like. I find it helpful in pvp personally.

Do you have problems with castbars sticking too Pat? I love the class colored health bars, but the damn cast bars have a tendancy to stick halfway through and stay there, confusing me greatly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sprite
post Oct 4 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #8

12 Inches

Pat, I dowloaded it. The best thing about it is that it looks different than the blizzard bars which helps me pay more attention to it tongue.gif I am still working on getting it set up but so far I like it.

+Quote Post
Ikthand
post Oct 5 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #9

Burrito

Member No.: 255

QUOTE (Ikthand @ Oct 3 2007, 02:27 PM) *

I'm not sure... I turned off the castbars since it seemed to be lagging my system and got to be rather confusing with a lot going on. Now I just use NECB and Focus to keep track. I'll try it again though and see if they do get stuck.

+Quote Post
GuitarCrazyo
post Nov 3 2009, 08:40 AM
Post #10

Tool

Group: Forum Trolls
Member No.: 3,763
Armory: Lana Taylor
Armory: US
Armory: Lana Taylor
Armory: google

I thought this might be a good place to post the best targets for a beginner to shoot. Looking through the star atlas and books can be a bit overwhelming.

If you could post the object and approximate total exposure time needed that would be really helpful.

John

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 06:48 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
 Runescape game and Mechscape MMORPG